We welcome to Portland, Oregon
our New Archbishop
Reverend Alexander K Sample
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Pastoral Council sponsors a
STM PARISH 5-YEAR PLAN
OPEN DISCUSSION for all Parishioners
Tuesday, April 30th In the Parish Hall at 7 P.M.
We find valuable insight through parishioner input as we finalize our
goals and objectives for our community.
Please join the Pastoral Council for this parish-wide discussion
of the STM parish 5-year plan.
The ‘Door of Faith’ (Acts14:21) is always open for us, ushering us into the life in commuion with God and offering entry into His Church- Pope Benedict XVI, Apostolic Lettter of Porta Fidei for the Indiction of the Year of Faith
to read the full letter
What can we do as a Family during this Year of Faith…….
• Pray the Year of Faith Family Prayer. Choose a time when the family is likely to be together, for example, after Sunday dinner, and make this a regular weekly practice.
• During the Year of Faith, try to acknowledge your family’s “name days,” that is, the feast of each person’s patron saint. Look up information about the saint and find a picture. Perhaps you can make a food associated with the saint. Check here for ideas to celebrate saints’ days with children.
• Take a “field trip” to visit the diocesan cathedral or a historic church or religious landmark in your area. Or simply take a good look around your own parish church. Do you know the meaning of the various symbols? What saint(s) does your parish honor?
• Have a family discussion to choose one area of human need that Catholic teaching highlights. Decide on a way to answer that need together this year, whether through volunteering, fundraising, donating unneeded items or a commitment to pray.
Lenten Small Groups
Small groups are now forming for Lent. We currently have two evening groups and many daytime groups. You may pick up a sign up card at the entrance of the church to sign up. Our study guide this is from the Quest program and will concentrate on the Sunday readings during Lent. Please contact Rosemary DeKlotz if you have any questions
Religious Education Classes Grades 1-8
Come and join us on Monday nights from 6:45-8pm in the School
Congratulations to St. Thomas More School for receiving high scores in all areas of curriculum
The Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) is pleased to announce the action taken by its Elementary Commission wherein St. Thomas More School is awarded a full term of accreditation through June 30, 2013